List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: workarround
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-06-10 20:59:43

On Thursday 10. June 2010 16.06.03 Inge Wallin wrote:
> And it is a little we are talking about here, if what other mails in the
> thread have said is true.  I also find it difficult to believe that
> anything  else than introducing an O(n^2) behaviour or worse would be even
> noticable by the user.
You are completely missing the point; there is no black white "its slow",
reject. vs. accept.

Sorry to say but this reasoning of armchair profiling is not very useful, the
point that was said both this week and 4 months ago was about it being an
unreasonable slowdown.
A reasoning to simply say "its ok" and ignore it really is not useful.

What should happen is to follow the advice (given both 4 months ago and
yesterday) to avoid the string compare and thus save 90% of the slowdown.

Or, in simple words;
Its not good enough, go fix the patch.
--
Thomas Zander