List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Quality control for 2.2 and unit tests
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2010-04-21 14:54:22

On Wednesday 21 April 2010 12:27:50 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 April 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Was any work done in KFormula in the 2.2 cycle? If not, and IIRC we
> > didn't release it in 2.1, I suggest not releasing it in 2.2 either.
> > If nothing changed, the decision to not ship it can stay, no?
>
> Actually, kformula was released with 2.1 under the idea, that it provided
> less harm, since anyway, without kformula all formula are loss, so with
> kformula the situation is a bit better.

All formulas are lost either way if you intend to work with OOo. The formula
shape in 2.1 could only load formulas that are inline in the document.  OOo
always create them as an embedded document.  I committed a patch to branch 2
days ago that fixed this.  I can backport that if you like.  If so I will also
add another patch that makes it save as embedded document.

	-Inge