List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Strange formated strings in Krita
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-04-18 7:52:45

On Sunday 18 April 2010, Jannick Kuhr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> translating Krita I noted a lot of strings like the following ones:
>
> A -2 Chinese eroded anim
> A - 2 Dirty Brush
> A-4 Fairy Dust
>
> Some have spaces around the hyphen, some just before, others don't
> have any. Should this really be like that? It is easy to fix in the
> translation but will still look a little bit unprofessional in an
> english environment. Perhaps we could fix this before the release?
>
> There are also a lot of strings like:
>
> 1-All Color for good colors choice
> 1-brown-pastel
> 1-red-in-night
>
> Are these string user visible? Are they really intended to look like
> this? Why do they have a leading number?

These are the filenames of brushes and palettes created by David Revoy as part
of his "Chaos and Evolutions" dvd (http://www.davidrevoy.com/?article29/free-
brush-kit-for-chaos-and-evolutions). While we can rename them, we would lose
the 1:1 link with his ongoing work developing a free set of resources. I'll
ping David on the Krita forum to ask about the file names. For all I know, the
numbering might be really important in the way Gimp uses the same resources.