List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Abusive copyright removal
From:       "C. Boemann" <cbo () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2010-03-30 18:07:08

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/kword/part/frames/KWTextDocumentLay
> > >ou t.cpp?r1=846840&r2=846839&pathrev=846840
> >
> > I think it is bold to add copyright in the header for such a trivial
> > change. As a reviewer, I would have ask more justification.
>
> It looked like a mistake to me. Mistakes happen.
There is no doubt in my mind the copyright should not have been there in the
first place. And yes I too think it was an unintentional mistake

> > > Copyright removed

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/kword/part/frames/KWTextDocumentLay
> > >ou t.cpp?r1=1108276&r2=1108275&pathrev=1108276
> >
> > Yet, it is bit impolite to remove the copyright, in an unrelated commit.
> >
> > I think Pierre and Thomas should both apologize for not a good move/not
> > good teamplay... And work should go on, that is a minor issue, and
> > should not take so many mail.
>
> Ok, the removing of the copyright should not have been done in that commit,
> this was unfortunate and was not intentional or meant abusive. My apologies
> for that.
> A community begins with mutual respect: I'm sorry for breaking that respect
> from my side with the line being removed with no explanation in the commit
> message.

I'd like to apologize for being quick to heat up the debate.

To sum up I think we all now agree that claiming copyright on just some
formatting of lines is too much, and that any removal of copyright should be
discussed even if it's clear that it was groundless.

This should ensure a better social climate. Have a nice evening :)

best regards
Casper