List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: wishlist bugs and community management
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-03-30 11:01:34

On Tuesday 30 March 2010, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 March 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > On Saturday 27. March 2010 16.35.57 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > > I will state my opinion, I do consider brainstorm to be a better option
> > > than  launchpad, if only because it is part of the KDE community.
> >
> > For the record; I agree.
>
> Brainstorm is certainly better than launchpad. But I don't think it's
> better than bugzilla. It's yet another place to track, yet another feed to
> read, yet another account to maintain. And brainstorm ideas is pretty hard
> to search and maintain.

Brainstorm uses tags which make it easier to search, and we can setup a list
of predefined query:
http://forum.kde.org/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=&tags=krita&sv=0&fid[]=83&s \
c=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&feed_type=NONE&feed_style=HTML&countlimit=100&t=0&submit=Search
 http://forum.kde.org/search.php?keywords=&terms=all&author=&tags=koffice&sv=0&fid[]=8 \
3&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&feed_type=NONE&feed_style=HTML&countlimit=100&t=0&submit=Search

And brainstorm forum's quick search is as efficient as bugzilla. If it does not
address your concern, I would consider that we have reached a deadlock that
would need to be solved by the wise men council. I would propose an IRC
meeting before the wise men council, if people think that could help solve the
matter and find a concensus ?
--
Cyrille Berger