List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Goal of the wise men council (Was: Re: Abusive copyright removal)
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-03-30 10:56:06

On Tuesday 30 March 2010, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Mar 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > And then people wonder why this community doesn't get new people. *sigh*
>
> We instituted a council of wise man to make sure conflicts don't get out
> of hand. We have had three big rows in three weeks: the "RDF post-mortem"
> misrepresentation, the bugzilla wishes flap and now the copyright removal
> fracas. I'm not sure whether the conclusion shouldn't be that the council
> idea doesn't work.
I think you misunderstood the goal of the wise men council. It is supposed to
be called onto action only when there is a dead lock in a decision that happen
after *discussions*, not to make the police when people are rude. The "RDF
post-mortem" did not called for any decision (except that we need to move to
"git" to make sure patches are completely ready when merged, but everybody
agrees ?), the bugzilla wishes thingy has indeed reach a deadlock and we will
most likely have to use the wise men council on it. And this matter is again a
no-decision thread.

--
Cyrille Berger