List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Abusive copyright removal
From:       Jos van den Oever <Jos.van.den.Oever () kogmbh ! com>
Date:       2010-03-30 9:57:06

On Tuesday 30 March 2010 11:44:42 Jaroslaw S wrote:
> It would be a simple rule _if_ the code does not influence anything
> (i.e. was not a base for reimplementation, code wasn't moved
> elsewhere...).  E.g. we have tons copyrights in kexi where only
> headers contain anything coming from the original contributors, yet
> the copyrights are still there; say, KoProperty lib, 3rd rewrite, is
> such an example.

Same for the ppt filters. I rewrote them nearly completely, yet kept Yollas
copyright since even it 'git blame' or 'svn blame' report no line edited
directly by them, that does not mean none of the work is retained. Changing
variable names or code formatting will remove 'blame' but not the
copyrightable content.

Cheers,
Jos

--