List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Abusive copyright removal
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-03-30 9:51:27

On Tuesday 30. March 2010 11.23.11 Marijn Kruisselbrink wrote:
> Regardless of the tone of his original e-mail, I think his point that
> removing  copyright from a file without mentioning it at all and giving
> any reasoning for the removal is still a very bad thing to do... And so
> far you haven't actually given any reason...

Its the law that says you can't claim copyright of something you didn't write.
So if there is no copyrighted material of a person in a file, it shouldn't
claim there is.
See the logs for confirmation that there is no copyrighted material of him in
this file. Its rather easy to verify for yourself.
Lukas posted nice direct links.

The 'tone' is one thing, the fact that Pierre and Casper don't seem to bother
to look at the facts and just join in on the "lets punch Thomas" is the evil
thing.

And then people wonder why this community doesn't get new people. *sigh*
--
Thomas Zander