List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Missing ODF features -- bugs or wishes
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-03-30 7:39:34

On Saturday 27 March 2010, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> I would like to correct things, that led to the reporter to come to
> #koffice and  ask why is feature was closed. Which makes me wonder how
> many people whose feature request was closed simply decide to disregard
> the use of koffice in their workflow ? Then you answered him that his bug
> was not welcome in bugs.kde.org and that it should be posted somewhere
> else. Basically you didn't gave any chance to bugzilla at that point.

That's an important thing: closing a bug as INVALID without any comment is
rude. It tells the person who has taken the effort to enter the bug that his
effort is not appreciated. (In the case of the bug this discussion was started
about it was slightly different in that it was a big import of lots of
existing bugs, but on the other hand, that doesn't mean the bug is worthless).