List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Abusive copyright removal
From:       Jaroslaw S <kexipl () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-29 23:20:25

On 30 March 2010 00:57, Pierre <pinaraf@pinaraf.info> wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 March 2010 00:40:18 Jaroslaw S wrote:

>> > Thomas, the burden on proof is on you. If you want to remove someone from
>> > copyrights, I expect you to come up with an extensive case study,
>> > presented here on the mailing list and asking the person in question
>> > beforehand.
>>
>> Well, to be honest, at least the copyright in KWTextDocumentLayout.cpp
>> was added for really minor changes (r846840) and there are no later
>> changes:
>>
>> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/kword/part/frames/KWTextDocumentLayout.
>> cpp?view=log&pathrev=1108276
>>
>> I haven't try the other files.
> Yes, indeed, the copyright addition comes from many other changes that I did in
> a branch, but didn't push or moved to other files.
> Still, you can consider that the code is still "polluted" by that commit since,
> for instance, it just moved some lines.

Pierre, I am just not sure our "copyright management", whatever it is,
is based on commits. I thought it is based on files.

At least I use the following rule when applying my changes: even while
commit is a logical/self-contained change (it should be), it only
changes copyrights in files which nontrivial and non-automatic changes
(yes, non-trivial cna be one line fix that consumed the whole day and
lunch).

That's BTW. You know that your copyrights are non-removable.

Casper suggests "no copyright removal ever" and it's good idea - with
exception for "I and only I can remove copyright line added by
mistake".

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek