List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Abusive copyright removal
From:       Pierre <pinaraf () pinaraf ! info>
Date:       2010-03-29 22:57:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 30 March 2010 00:40:18 Jaroslaw S wrote:
> On 29 March 2010 23:57, C. Boemann <cbo@boemann.dk> wrote:

> >> Hmm, do you really think this tone is needed or productive?
> >>
> >> If you think this was removed in error please tell us what copyright you
> >>  still own in that file.
> >
> > Thomas, the burden on proof is on you. If you want to remove someone from
> > copyrights, I expect you to come up with an extensive case study,
> > presented here on the mailing list and asking the person in question
> > beforehand.
>
> Well, to be honest, at least the copyright in KWTextDocumentLayout.cpp
> was added for really minor changes (r846840) and there are no later
> changes:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/kword/part/frames/KWTextDocumentLayout.
> cpp?view=log&pathrev=1108276
>
> I haven't try the other files.
Yes, indeed, the copyright addition comes from many other changes that I did in
a branch, but didn't push or moved to other files.
Still, you can consider that the code is still "polluted" by that commit since,
for instance, it just moved some lines.
The problem is more about the generic idea of modifying copyrights than about
this removal. It is not the first time we notice Thomas doing such removals, and
I do not want to watch every single commit, every single change, and look for
copyright changes.
And if you want perfect copyrights, the best, and probably only way, would be to
rewrite everything from scratch. Because everybody here already forgot at least
once to add a copyright line, to update it...