List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Don't publish wv2 from koffice: request for approval to commit
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-03-29 20:00:57

On Monday 29. March 2010 19.18.31 Rex Dieter wrote:
> OK, that was my understanding too, and *ass*umed koffice would be the
> newer  provider of wv2.  So, I don't understand the worry about
> conflicting with sourceforge's (older) wv2.

Thats a good point; if the only package that depends on wv2 was koffice then a
new version of koffice would just conflict with having wv2 installed. So any
system would not have the two different versions and distros can just drop
individual wv2 packages from their repos.

So the part of Shaheeds patch that stops headers being installed has a big +1
from me, but the renaming sounds unneeded.

What scenario did people have in mind for needing this rename?
--
Thomas Zander