List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    GSoC : KPresenter animation
From:       Benjamin Port <port.benjamin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-29 17:40:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,
I'm Benjamin Port a French student in the Toulouse university. During my
cursus i had  the chance to contribute on KPresenter.
For the moment job are on a branch, and I hope we can merge this so early.
I worked on two features:
Firstly I contribute to implement HTML export.
Secondly I implement 3D page effect transition (Currently I keep working on
this).

I suggest to complete my work on animation framework.
My work consist to do the following part:
Firstly implement about 20 animations effect, to do this task I probably
need to adapt some part of the animation effect.
There is many category for animation effect in SMIL: custom, entrance, exit,
emphasis, motion-path, ole-action and media-call.
I think in a first time we need to implement some entrance, exit, emphasis
and motion-path effect. We can re-use code from transition effect to do some
animation (emphasis).

Secondly create a user interface in order to apply and manipulate animation.

Additionally, a problem with animation is to change content of presentation
(e.g. If you mask a shape, and move a shape in its place).
That's why I suggest to allow user to select a step of the page (e.g. After
the third animation), and he can work on this presentation in this state.

Finally, I would like to write a documentation / tutorial in order to allow
everybody (developer) to implement other animation. I think it's very
important to have documentation for all plugin.

I don't plan to have any summer job in order to fully concentrate on the
Summer of Code.
The only week where I'm not at home to work, I attend aKademy, what should
be a good way to meet the community and discuss of my work.

Regards,
Benjamin Port