List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Missing ODF features -- bugs or wishes
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-03-26 13:38:20

On Thursday 25 March 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:
> For example one member of our community wrote a couple of weeks ago that he
> almost didn't edit userbase because it required him to register there.  If
> thats a barrier to entry, then what does bugzilla accounts and write rights
> put up?
Can you tell me how to enter a blueprint/bugreport to [1] without a login ? Or
to post on [2] without a login ? While I agree that login and registering is
annoying, I do not know a single website out there that has anonymous posting
enabled, without a moderator, or require login.

I also do not think that KOffice user are more likely to have a launchpad
account, rather than a KDE bugzilla account (unless we consider (k)ubuntu has
taken the whole market of linux distributions, which is far to be true). So by
having to use launchpad, or bugzilla depending on the request would mean that
reporter now needs two different logins.

Furthermore, I do not think the user would know if the feature he needs in his
workflow requires a change in KOffice code, or a change in an external plugin, or
an entirely new plugin, which means we would need to have a single place for
user report, and a convenient way to move them around, I do not think using
two different services help with that.

[1] https://launchpad.net/koffice-extensions
[2] http://forum.kde.org
--