List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Missing ODF features -- bugs or wishes
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-03-25 15:14:58

On Thursday 25. March 2010 15.45.48 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I think telling people to keep out of a discussion
> with arguments from authority should have no place on this mailing list.

Sometimes we read things in a way we expect something to be written, even
though its not. This statement tells us you did just that.
Specifically; asking people to read the available research before stating
opinions that are at odds with the consensus in that field is in no way trying
to be authoritative.  Its calling to the decency of mailinglist etiquette.

> I think trying to close a discussion and make people shut up in this
> way is unacceptable.

Nobody is being 'shut up', its a request to put the time and effort into
learning about things that are not exactly trivial or even intuitive things.
Its a counter to swiping off the table an argument with;
  "I think it is a minor issue"

Don't let that your lack of knowledge in some area hurt KOffice by blocking good
efforts.
--
Thomas Zander