List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Missing ODF features -- bugs or wishes
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2010-03-25 14:45:48

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010, Thomas Zander wrote:

> This is not something I'm making up. Ask anyone with more experience building
> communities. This is textbook stuff.
> The fact that I'm the only one arguing this doesn't mean I'm the only one with
> this knowledge, it just means that we have a strong deficit on the koffice-devel
> mailinglist of community managers.  ;-)

> Opinions are important, but please know when you don't have the experience or
> background that is required to make an educated decision. Then educate
> yourself, if you have the time. But don't let that lack of knowledge hurt
> KOffice by blocking good efforts.

I can write a lot in response to these two paragraphs, but it would
just be inflammatory. I think telling people to keep out of a discussion
with arguments from authority should have no place on this mailing list.
I think trying to close a discussion and make people shut up in this
way is unacceptable.

I consider the whole argument about a koffice plugin development community
a red herring, not germane to my original question.

I appeal to the Council to close this discussion and setup a policy about
whether having bugs for missing odf features in bugzilla is acceptable
or not, since it is clear there will never be consensus between Thomas
and the other developers who have participated in this thread.

Boudewijn