List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: libkdchart api stability?
From:       Johannes Simon <johannes.simon () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-23 19:59:48

Am 23.03.2010 um 20:19 schrieb Rex Dieter:

> From my casual inspection, the kdchart bundled in koffice is going to need
> some love
> 1.  to export/install the api/headers properly
KOffice's own KDChart copy was originally intended to be used solely by KOffice. So \
there was no need to install the headers. After all, a lot of things have been \
stripped from the official KDChart package to minimize the overhead.

> 2.  not expose or use kdablibfakes in exported headers
I'm not sure what you're referring to. KDABLibFakes are only used in .cpp files and \
private class declaration files (*_p.h).

Until KDChart is officially packaged in an open-source version, I would recommend you \
not to depend on KOffice, but to keep your own copy instead. Having KDChart \
potentially installed twice on a system is better than having a dependency for \
KOffice in KMyMoney imo.

- Johannes