List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: libkdchart api stability?
From:       Carlos Licea <carlos_licea () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-03-23 3:38:44

On Monday 22 March 2010 14:20:36 Johannes Simon escribió:
>The plan is to wait for KDChart to be officially hosted on kdab.com, and
>have package maintainers ship it separately. KMyMoney can do the same
>then, which will allow KOffice and KMyMoney to use the same KDChart
>package. I think that's the best solution for everyone, and it would save
>us the maintenance work of KDChart in KDE's SVN.

I think we all agree that keeping separated copies of the same library
sparsed over the KDE tree is suboptimal. But if I could play devil's advocate
for a minute, I'd like to point out that removing the library right now could
be problematic. Some fixes, e.g. for Nokia, need to be done in KDChart
itself, the current way (just having it embedded in KOffice) allows us to do
so very rapidly without having to wait for a release in KDChart part. If we
remove KDChart from the KOffice tree we would need to:
1)Wait for KDChart releases to fix bugs, which can slow down things. Or,
2)Depend on KDChart's trunk, which will likely have problems with
distributions.
I would vote for keeping the copy in KOffice for the time being. Otherwise we
could jeopardize responsiveness in bug fixing.

Carlos Licea