List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: libkdchart api stability?
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-03-22 15:15:02

On Monday 22 March 2010, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > OK, in the meantime, I discussed this with Sebastian Sauer, and he
> > suggested  "maybe it should be moved out of koffice (or at least moved
> > to the libs) to make it reusuable now that we have consumers outside of
> > koffice".
> >

> > Would something like this be agreeable?
>
> I don't think anyone would object, but the person to decide about that is
> Inge Wallin, the KChart maintainer.
The problem of moving to koffice/libs is that kdchart is GPL, and koffice/libs is
require LGPL libraries.
And I don't think we should change that policy or make an exception. But I
have no objection for kdchart(/kdgantt) being moved out of koffice. I also have
no objection to handle the release at the same time of koffice.

--
Cyrille Berger