List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Meeting minutes for the 13 February
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-17 8:37:37

On Tuesday 16. February 2010 23.41.25 jaham@gmx.net wrote:
> > Is it an option for us to just accept that we need to add properties to
> > the odg files we write to make things work, even though we then don't
> > qualify as ODF-strict anymore?
> > It sounds bad, but at least its more interoperable than not using ODF,
> >  right? Or is there another alternative?
>
> Yes as Cyrille said, I think svg is the way to go for graphic content (at
> least for Karbon).

Hmm, for Karbon you are probably right.
But kivio stencils tend to not be that graphics-heavy and do need the
connectors functionality. I know connectors are availbale in ODF, am I correct
in assuming its not in SVG?
If thats the case lets get back to the topic of the thread and see what the
best fileformat is for kivio storing stencils.
I'm leaning towards odf, mostly because of the connectors, secondary because
its the native format for KOffice.

Whats others take on that?

--
Thomas Zander