List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Deletion of Inline Objects in KWord
From:       Pierre Stirnweiss <pstirnweiss () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2010-02-14 11:54:24

Le Thursday 11 February 2010 10:00:28, Ganesh Paramasivam a écrit :
> Pierre/Thomas,
>
> I have started working on change-tracking for inline images ( and more
> generically for all inline objects ). While doing a basic study for
> this, I have realized that KWord does not currently support the
> deletion of inline objects. The code to delete inline objects has been
> commented out in KoTextEditor ( deleteInlineObjects() ). Before I can
> implement change-tracking , I need this to work.
>
> So, is there any specific reason as to why this code has been
> commented out ? Should I try to fix this or move on to change-tracking
> for lists ?
>
> - Ganesh

I am not really the one who can answer why the code was commented out, because
I copied it from the previous implementation (KoTextSelectionHandler) where it
was also commented out.
I suspect the reason is the undo/redo. On pressing delete, the inlineObject
placeholder will be removed. However, if the user presses undo, the
placeholder will be added again by Qt. If the InlineObject was destroyed also
during the delete operation, the placeholder would point to a non-existing
object.

Thomas is the one who can confirm all this.

Pierre