List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: RDF support for KWord.
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-02-14 15:28:07

On Thursday 11. February 2010 10.57.45 Jos van den Oever wrote:
> As to the missing files, not sure what is up with them, but i'll vough for
>  the  quality.

Going through them I spotted various things that would be good to fix soonish.

* RdfSemanticItem is an exported class in koffice libs, should start with Ko
* same with RdfSemanticItemViewSite
* same with RdfSemanticTreeWidgetItem
* same with SemanticStylesheet
* same with SemanticStylesheetsEditor
* RdfSemanticTree is exported but not BC save.  Looks like only the static
method is used so we may just want to move that to a namespace.

* the code uses kogmbh based urls as a namespace, this should be something
like koffice.org
* in main/rdf/ a lot of APIs miss const for the getters
* in main/rdf/ a lot of APIs pass in QString instead of const QString &string
I fixed a lot of those already. Got bored, though ;)
* in main/rdf/ search for 'static' in the cpp files and you'll see a dozen
places where objects are created as statics in a getter, presumable for speed
reasons.
It would be really good if we can find a real owner for these objects instead
of setting them as singletons which are shared across all documents that are
opened in the lifetime of a process.

* Various new classes in main/rdf are exported but don't have dpointers etc.
It would be good if new classes follow the library policies (see techbase).

* I spotted various getters that are named with 'get' which is not very Qt
like.
* return of reference to qlist/qset/qmap
* various enums are ALL_CAPS instead of CamelCase. I added a TODO for most of
those.

--
Thomas Zander