List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Move to git Was: Re: Review policy proposal. Wat: Re: koffice
From:       Cyrille Berger <cberger () cberger ! net>
Date:       2010-01-31 9:09:36

On Saturday 30 January 2010, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Monday 11 January 2010, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > Since we want the transition to be soft, if people think it will affect
> > their  work at the feature time, we can do it later, early March. (we
> > could do it just after 2.2, but then we would have to wait until
> > experiencing the 4 monthes schedule)
>
> I think it would a good thing to move KOffice to git before the hard freeze
> hits. Konversation and Amarok have shown that it can be done with minimal
> interruption.
I think it was smooth for Konversation and Amarok because all of their
developers were already using git before the switch. It is far from being true
for KOffice developers.

> As Krita maintainer I'm particularly anxious that Lukas'
>  effort can continue in a public repository unhindered by the hard freeze.
>
> A nice coincidence is that Cyrille and me will be in Deventer during that
> period, so we could spend execute the move together, say March 1st.
Meaning that doing the swithc one week before hard freeze when the main
concern will be finishing features is a bad idea. But we could review together
what needs to be done, and make a schedule for the switch to happen after
beta1. If it is decided to switch before KDE, which was the strongest
objection.

--
Cyrille Berger