List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: ToC generation step
From:       Pierre <pinaraf () pinaraf ! info>
Date:       2010-01-27 23:05:20

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

[Attachment #4 (multipart/mixed)]

On Wednesday 27 January 2010 19:10:42 Thomas Zander wrote:
> trunk/koffice/libs/kotext/KoTextEditor.cpp
> <http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/2734/#comment3298>
>
>     Using outline level is not right, items that go into the ToC don't have
>  to have a number. Also using 'intProperty' looks wrong; use hasProperty().
No, it is the right way, as discussed several times (well, that's what I was
said by Jean Nicolas, I couldn't go on IRC when he discussed about this).
It's not about having a number, it is about being referenced as being part of
the document structure, the outline.
Find a way to build a ToC with the attached file without using the outline
level. That document has been made with OpenOffice.org 3.2, without any document
"hack".
You cannot use the styles to build the ToC, at least here : titles at the same
level use different styles. And I can give you a few "real world" documents I
wrote that rely on that feature to get custom titles in the ToC.

["toctoc.odt" (application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text)]