List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/plugins/pathshapes/enhancedpath
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-24 8:09:49

On Thursday 24. December 2009 07.46.51 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:

> > > Not showing the arrows in the shape selector and only show them in the
> > > Add Shape docker will solve the problem.
> >
> > I don't see how. Or was that a suggestion?
>
> The same mechanism that is used in the Add Shape docker for putting shapes
>  in the quick access list could be used to disable shapes for the shape
>  selector.

You misread my point; I didn't ask how to do the technical bit, I asked how
your (technical) suggestion solves the problem I explained.
The usability issues are not solved using a technical change to go and
specifically semi-revert your change.
I hope you see how silly that solution is; you go and do something, I say its
a usability issue and you say "you can do something in your app to not see my
change".

Having a talk about usability issues turn into a "make it configurable" so
quickly makes me deeply concerned about us getting KOffice to be end-user ready.

Lets see how to revert that trend :)
Last night I thought of a good solution for this. Its a compromise; we both
get what we want.
We get the shapeSelector more ready and make the functionality that is now
partly there working properly. The functionality that I'm talking about here
is the ability to create your own selections of shapes. So you can add the
rotated arrows easily to your shapeSelector docker.
At the time we have that functionality we can remove the templates since
people that want them can add them trivially.
--
Thomas Zander