List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/plugins/pathshapes/enhancedpath
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2009-12-24 6:46:51

On Wednesday 23 December 2009 09:33:57 Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 23. December 2009 05.57.00 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > > In essence, adding 3 arrows that are trivially easy to create by the
> > > user using the basic arrow you just hurt all the other shapes by making
> > > them harder to find.
> > > So this leads back to my initial point; having different items in there
> > >  should be a real difference. Look at the flower and the star. Same
> > > shape, very different look.  So if the user finds that, this trivial
> > > difference is out of place. And if (s)he expects consistency (which is
> > > our goal) the different arrows are going to lead to confusion. The user
> > > will ask why there are multiple ones and thus be confused when the only
> > > difference is orientation.
> >
> > Not showing the arrows in the shape selector and only show them in the
> > Add Shape docker will solve the problem.
>
> I don't see how. Or was that a suggestion?

The same mechanism that is used in the Add Shape docker for putting shapes in
the quick access list could be used to disable shapes for the shape selector.
The code that selects the shape that are in the quick list can be found in
KoShapeCollectionDocker::loadDefaultShapes.

Merry Christmas,

Thorsten