List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Fix 2 formatting issues in KWord
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-12-03 21:30:59

On Monday 30. November 2009 21.54.10 Mani Chandrasekar wrote:
> I have two minor changes,
> 1.Set the default margin width to be 20mm. Text starts from top of the page
>  with out any margin, If only left & right margin are defined.

If I set a margin like this in CSS I get the current KWord behavior too.
Maybe you can submit a test doc to officeshots.org to see what different apps do
as default properties for margin.
Im thinking that this is wrong, providing a "margin-left" and not a "margin
top" should set the top margin to zero, not some app-invented value.

> > 2.Paragraph borders start from the text indent position. Calculating the
>  border rect position

I'll have to apply the patch, but looks good in principle.
How are the unit tests? Did you run them? Do they still pass?

> I would propose to use KoBorder instead of KoTextBlockBorderData class. As
>  this class is reimplementation of KoBorder data. Any comments ?

A reimplementation is a bit oversimplifying the situation ;)  But if you can
pull this off (and I think the reference counting is going to give headaches)
I'm willing to review a patch.

--
Thomas Zander