List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Library reorganization conclusion
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2009-11-29 8:49:40

On Sunday 29 November 2009 07:28:13 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> These are the points Jos, Thomas and me agreed upon on Saturday:
>
> * for every library, write a toplevel apidox file that explains the
>  rationale, the purpose and the raison d'etre of that library.
> * strive to minimize includes in header
> * strive to minimize and hide dependencies
> * kostore: remove the kio dependency (which is only used to access tar
>  balls) and copy the currently private zip reading/writing code from Qt:
>  this will be removed when that code moves to qtcore after api review.

>  Combine KoStore and KoOdf into one library.

Is this smart?  I see use for a separate store library, e.g. in the filters.
Many other file formats than ODF uses stores, e.g. the MS OLE embedding could
use abstractions like the ones provided by kostore as well.

On the other hand, all filters will probably produce or consume odf anyway so
it may not matter that much.

> * check whether qlocale can replace klocale in KoUnit. If so, move KoBase
>  into KoOdf.
> * Split KoResources. Move the gradient and other resource clases into
>  pigment, and move the resource server etc. classes to kowidgets.
> * Move koaction into komain.
> * use KPluginLoader instead KoPluginloader from KoPlugin.
> * Move kogenericregistrymodel into the kowidget library
> * Move the KoGenericRegistry template class to koffice/interfaces
> * undepend kowidgets and kotext

Does this also mean moving non-widget code from the libs/widgets/ directory?
For instance the KoPageLayout class is in there and possibly more non-widget
classes.