List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/libs/flake
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-10-16 9:07:57

(restoring koffice-devel 'to', keep this archived please)

On Friday 16. October 2009 10.44.05 you wrote:
> On Fri October 16 2009, you wrote:
> > But this means that on paste you now iterate over *all* shapes in the
> > shape manager. As you know, outside of KoPageApp this means the whole
> > document, so this is very very slow for long documents.
>
> That is only true for kword. Al other apps use layers. However that is
> surely something that can be improved.

Any suggestions?
Its a speed regression introduced just before the RC, maybe a bad time ;)

> > What is the advantage over the old method of only looking at the place
> > where we paste? There is no visual difference at all.
> >
> > I don't see what you are trying to solve here, and its a terribly
> > expensive solution,
>
> It makes sure the z-index is unique which is a must as stated before to
> make painting work reliable (not paint the shape sometimes above or below a
> different shape with the same z-index). Not ones above and other wise below
> the shapes. If you have a not so expensive solution please let me know.

The painting order was always correct before; the code ensured that there was
no problems in painting order by having different z-indexes already.

Can you give a usecase of the problem you were trying to solve?
Maybe a document that shows the bug?

--
Thomas Zander