List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Fwd: [FOSDEM] suggestion for ODF dev room
From:       Pau Garcia i Quiles <pgquiles () elpauer ! org>
Date:       2009-10-16 9:03:39

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Hanssens Bart <Bart.Hanssens@fedict.be>
Date: Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:53 AM
Subject: [FOSDEM] suggestion for ODF dev room
To: "fosdem@lists.fosdem.org" <fosdem@lists.fosdem.org>

Hi,

as you may know, several stakeholders started with organizing ODF
plugfests, testing
the ODF interoperability of proprietary and open source software.

It might be interesting to have a devroom on FOSDEM, focusing on
libraries for ODF
like jOpenDocument (Java), ODFDOM (ODFToolkit, Java), AODL
(ODFToolkit, C#), ODFPy
(Python) and perhaps some others (there are one or two PHP libraries
that I know of,
and Qt also has some ODF support)

Especially with ODF 1.2 coming up, with new features like RDF metadata
and XML-DSIG,
it could be interesting to have developers from various projects in
the same room to
solve a few issues and/or help each other out with implementing these features.

Best regards,

Bart Hanssens

Interop expert at Fedict
OASIS OIC TC Chair