List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/libs/flake/tests
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-09-28 10:02:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Monday 28. September 2009 11.11.20 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Monday 28 September 2009, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > The only reason to discuss this issue is if we agree that thats a valid
> > usecase. I agree its possible to create this in OODraw. Though painful to
> >  do. But is it a valid usecase? I would say no, its a bug in OODraw and
> > not a bug we want to support in KOffice.
> >
> > What do others think?
>
> I have already said that it's not a good behaviour. But on the other hand,
> if OODraw produces a lot of those invalid documents, koffice will be seen
> badly for not correctly rendering them, so we would need something that
> would transform it to a "valid" document and make it correctly rendered in
> koffice.

Thats a good point.
We should at least talk to the OOo people.

But for now, i did a test by downloading 54 document from the internet (google
search "filetype:odg") and opening each of them.
5 failed to open, a further 40 only had one layer and the rest didn't have
overlapping zindexes.

So, zero out of 50 is giving me at least a good feeling this is not going to
cause us a big backlash.
--
Thomas Zander

Qt Developer Days 2009 | Save your seat - REGISTER NOW!
Munich, Germany: October 12th - 14th LAST CHANCE TO REGISTER!
San Francisco, California: November 2nd - 4th EARLY BIRD PRICING - SAVE $200!
For more info: http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2009