List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/libs/flake/tests
From:       Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann () zagge ! de>
Date:       2009-09-28 8:02:45

On Sun September 27 2009, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Sunday 27. September 2009 12.29.32 Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > We also need a resolution to the problem that when loading a file a
> > hierarchy of shapes with layers is not a must. Otherwise we will reorder
> > the shape which should be avoided.
>
> I don't understand this.

Let me try to explain it with an example

Something like
o layer1
 - shape1
 - shape2
o layer2
 - shape3
 - shape4

which are displayed in the following order

-shape1
-shape3
-shape4
-shape2

is allowed by odf and was possible with koffice apps before. So if we now
change our painting algorithm to us a hierarchy this is no longer possible. If
we only change the painting algorithm then the shapes will be displayed in the
wrong order:

-shape1
-shape2
-shape3
-shape4

and this needs to be avoided as it changes the appearance of document. Instead
we need some kind of algorithm to e.g. move the shape which is no longer
possible in one layer to the layer where it can be at the z-index that it
needs to be. Any ideas what would be a good work around?

Thorsten