List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: store/TestStorage fails
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2009-09-14 10:54:11

On Monday 14 September 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I spent most of this weekend trying to fix unittests
> in KOffice. I get a different set of errors from
> http://www.koffice.org/testresults/status.html --
> for me, the pigment/KoColor test fails, too, as does the
> koffice/libs/kotext/opendocument/tests/TestLoading test, and I have a
> dependable failure in KoPA. But I spent most time on store/TestStorage.
>
> I guess the test machine doesn't have QCA available, since that
> test doesn't fail there, but it fails QCA is present, so my
> conclusion is that our support for encrypted odf is broken. It's
> not just the test, because it doesn't work from kword either.
>
> Unless we manage to fix this, we need to disable encryption
> for 2.1 by disabling QCA.

Note: Thomas told me that this is caused by a misconfigured QCA on Kubuntu,
and indeed, on opensuse the test passes (as does the KoPa test, actually).

Note to self: we can probably detect the incorrect situation and handle it
runtime + it would be nice to have small checker app for packagers to check
whether qca is correctly packaged.