List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: ODF in KOffice
From:       Finn Gruwier Larsen <finn () gruwier ! dk>
Date:       2009-08-26 15:14:08

Hello again,

I have now completed my test of ODF compatibility of KOffice 2.x.

For the test I used a copy of KOffice trunk from yesterday (25. august)
from which I managed to build a running version.

The documents I used for the test is a series of documents that I
produced last year for another test (a test concerning ODF-OOXML
interoperability that I made for the Danish IT Authority, IT- &
Telestyrelsen). The test documents are all produced with OpenOffice.org
2.4 on Windows. There is no guarantee that the documents actually comply
with any of the ISO ODF standards - they are just "OpenOffice
documents". Anyway, since OpenOffice.org is in widespread use, testing
on these documents represent a realistic scenario.

The test is in no way a complete test of all the functionality in the
ODF standard, but represents what the Danish IT Authority refers to as
"the Functionality Ceiling": a certain subset of document
functionalities found in all modern word processors which a number of IT
managers i the Danish public sector has agreed upon as being of special
importance for document exchange between word processors.

Here are the results:

1.1 Colored text: pass.
1.2 Bold text: pass.
1.3 Italic text: pass.
1.4 Hyperlink: pass.
1.5 Soft line break: pass.
1.6 Manual line break: pass.
1.7 Text adjustment: pass.
1.8 White-space characters: pass.
1.9 Tabulators: pass.
1.10 Background color: pass.
1.11 Headline styles: pass.
1.12 Underscored text: pass.
2.1 Page header: fail. No page header is shown.
2.2 Page footer: pass.
3.1 Page numbering: pass.
3.2: Input field, tab "Functions" in OpenOffice.org fields window: fail.
No field data is shown.
3.3: Input field, tab "Variables" in OpenOffice.org fields window: fail.
No field data is shown.
3.4: User field, tab "Variables" in OpenOffice.org fields window: fail.
No field data is shown.
4.1 Footnotes: acceptable. Footnote is shown, however layout is
completety changed.
5.1 Numbered lists: pass.
5.2 Bulleted lists: pass.
6.1 Encapsulated binary objects ("OLE objects"): fail. Object is not shown.
6.2 Encapsulated spreadsheet in ODF format: fail. Object is not shown.
7.1 Text adjustment in table cell: pass
7.2 Merged table cells: pass.
7.3 Cell and table boundaries: pass.
7.4 Table background color: pass.
8.1 Pictures: fail. Picture is not shown.
8.2 Text adjustment around picture: could not be tested.
8.3 Text box: fail. Textbox not shown.
8.4 Text adjustment around text box: could not be tested.
8.5 Drawing objects: fail. No drawing object shown.
9.1 Manual page break: pass.
10.1 Table of contens: fail. Table of contents are not shown.
11.1 Comments: fail. Comments are not shown.
11.2 Changes management: fail. Registered changes are not shown.

This is just for your information; I don't know if the data is useful
for you or not. Anyway, if you can manage to have a "pass" in all these
areas when you release KOffice 2.1, I think KOffice 2.1 should have a
fair chance of quick adoption :-)

Best regards, and keep on the good work

Finn Gruwier Larsen