List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Review Request: Fixed bugs in thumbnail creation mechanism
From:       "C. Boemann" <cbo () boemann ! dk>
Date:       2009-07-14 7:58:30

On Monday 13 July 2009 22:48:32 Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> > Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> >     No, definitely not! "if the reader reads from a part of canvas he is
> > in charge of this read, and he must ensure that he reads from existent
> > part of canvas." -- that's quite a wrong assumption. You should be able
> > to read from anywhere without changing anything to the canvas.
>
> Well, i can't agree with you =( If you read a byte from the canvas, you
> mean (by reading itself) that there is an image on it. What is the meaning
> of reading vacuum? You have to read "something", some material object,
and
> this object is you image. Btw, can you suggest a usecase of being able to
> read everywhere without changing anything? I can't see any, not counting
> the case of letting wrong code work longer :( (i mean the case in
> exactBounds() )

Dimitry, look it's quite simple. Extent doesn't mean where the image is, but
where there have been written something.

So it is quite legal and correct to read outside of the extent. Just think of
someone sampling the color of the layer with the eye dropper.

To cut it short. The functionality needs to be as Boudewijn and I say.

best regards
Casper