List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] KoOdfExporter and MSWordOdfImport port & fixes
From:       cricketc () gmail ! com
Date:       2009-05-30 18:49:47

On Friday 29 May 2009 09:50:43 Jarosław Staniek wrote:
> Dear all,
> For review:
>
> 1. KoOdfExporter.patch
> The goal: the code in convert is common, so KoOdfExporter is introduced to
> avoid copy/pastes.
>
> *created KoOdfExporter
> **based on MSWordOdfImport::convert()
> **added KoOdfWriters helper struct to make the API a bit cleaner
>
> 2. MSWordOdfImport.patch
> *MSWordOdfImport:
> **MSWordOdfImport is also ported to KoOdfExporter API
> **fixed warnings in MSWordOdfImport's Document::Document()
> **removed uses of QConstString
> **moved filename conversion to Document ctor
> **Document::processStyles(): fixed bug in 'i' variable used twice

I like the idea of consolidating that code if it's reused a lot, but I'm
getting some errors in my test documents with your patches.
Basically it's two errors over and over:
content.xml:9:123: error: bad value for attribute "parent-style-name" from
namespace "urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:style:1.0"
content.xml:35:51: fatal: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x{2}) was found
in the value of attribute "{1}"

I don't get these validation errors with the svn version. I haven't tracked
down exactly what/where the problem is, yet.

-Benjamin