List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Formal GSoC Proposal [Draft]: Basic tables support for KWord
From:       cricketc () gmail ! com
Date:       2009-03-27 2:04:21

On Thursday 26 March 2009 14:24:32 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>Then there are some nasty differences between the row/col
> handling in .doc and odf -- and we really should be able to sensibly
> support .doc tables, too.

Are there actual feature differences between .doc and odf (ie. doc features
that can't be done in odf)? If not, code for loading tables should only have
to deal with odf tables, because the filter is responsible for translating the
.doc structure into odf format, right? That's the nice thing about the filter -
means loading code only has to deal with odf...

-Benjamin