List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kword default look
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2009-03-23 21:16:34

On Monday 23 March 2009, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as a recent thread here showed, kword looks quite unfinished in its initial
> startup. For the release I think a trick most koffice apps use is wanted to
> fix this.
> I came up with the following default setup; what do you guys think about
> that?
>
>  http://imagebin.ca/view/2asgnztB.html
>
> Ideas on what you think looks better appreciated, I'll even look at them :P

Well, I think putting the toolbar in the right hand docker column does
nothing towards creating a "finished look". Especially since it creates an
ugly gray area while insisting on having two rows, too, where all the icons
would fit in one. (Another thing that makes the screenshot look quite ugly is
the 1990's frames in the statusbar to the left -- with the widget to the
right unframed.)

> Next to that, I'd love to hear from people how to
> a) set this as a default and where to put code to do the rc file trick.

Look in krita's code for that -- we actually install an rc file now.

> b) how to change the default shapes I see in the shapes docker.

That's also done from the rc file.