List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice GSoC question: Information and mentors
From:       cricketc () gmail ! com
Date:       2009-02-28 19:14:44

On Saturday 28 February 2009 10:39:52 Nicholas Sinlock wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm Nicholas Sinlock, and I'm interested in applying for either the
> versioned
> OpenDocument Files idea or the eBook Support idea for KOffice.   This is
> my first time applying for the GSoC, so I was hoping I could get in
> touch with
> some of the people intereted in these ideas, so as to get some more
> information
> about these ideas and throw in my "two cents" as well.   Also, are
> there are mentors for these projects yet?
>
> Any help would be deeply appreciated, and I look forward to any further
> contact!

I was a GSoC student last year, and I would just recommend talking with
developers about your ideas on IRC (#koffice). You can meet the different
developers, find out who works on what, and ask more questions as you think
about your proposal.

Also, I would recommend checking out a copy of subversion code so you can get
used to how the code is structured, how to build a copy for yourself, ...

Just my thoughts.
-Benjamin