List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Applications categories
From:       Alexandra Leisse <leisse () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-02-26 20:55:29

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 17:39, Cyrille Berger <cberger@cberger.net> wrote:

[snip]

> But, it was noted that having almost all applications in one category was a
> bit silly, and defeat the point on having categories, so it was also
> suggested that "Productivity Applications" would be restricted to the
> "classical" three core office suite applications. Which lead to those
> categories:
>
> Productivity Applications: kword, kspread, kpresenter
> Creativity Applications: karbon14, krita
> Management Applications: kplato, kexi, kivio
> Supporting Applications: kchart, kformula

I like those. Make total sense to me. The colours are good to go if
you ask me. :)

> But the name of the third category, "Management Applications" is now
> questioned.

Yes. I am not completely convinced either by "Management Applications"
nor by "Organisational Applications". My brain is currently filled up
with things related to another release and refuses to be creative. If
I come up with something useful under the shower tomorrow, I'll let
you know. ;)

I'll call this a day now.

Alex