List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Untranslated menus / tabs in KOffice
From:       Burkhard =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2009-02-21 17:52:55

Am Samstag 21 Februar 2009 18:12:00 schrieb Cyrille Berger:
> On Saturday 21 February 2009, Burkhard Lück wrote:
> > Am Freitag 20 Februar 2009 10:34:54 schrieb Jannick Kuhr:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I just noticed the following i18n issues in KOffice:
> > >
> > > - In Krita the items in the menu "Filters" are untranslated.
> >
> > Confirmed in de + x-test, these strings are untranslated here:
> > Adjust, Artistic, Blur. Colors, Edge Detection, Enhance, Emboss, Map,
> > Other
>
> Hum, that's odd. They are marked with i18n in the code
> (trunk/koffice/krita/image/kis_filter.cc), so it should be ok.

i18n in the code is not sufficient, next step is to check if they are
extracted to a catalog eg with wcgrep -A1 kis_filter.cc krita.pot.
In this all messages are extracted properly and krita does only use this
catalog afaik.

> How can I
> install a translation and try to reproduce this issue ?

Install the language x-test, invented by Coolo for this purpose:

http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Localization/Building_KDE's_l10n_Module

svn co -N svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n-kde4 l10n
cd l10n
svn up scripts
svn up x-test
./scripts/autogen.sh x-test

cd $builddir
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$installdir l10n/x-test
make
make install

> > Tools -> Scripts has a lot of untranslatable menu items
>
> Yes, not sure if scripts are translatable for now.

In KWord, KSpread and KPlato the scripts are translatable, in KPlato even
strings inside the scripts are translatable.

--
Burkhard Lück