List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Migration from KOffice 1 to KOffice 2
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-02-19 13:06:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 19. February 2009 13:18:47 Alexandra Leisse wrote:
> Is there a way of *visibly* telling the users how to backup their
> settings directory? With the help of Dolphin, rather than the command
> line?

There used to be a project that wanted to do backups and synchronizing of the
settings between different computers.
I think it didn't survive the migration to KDE4.

In KDE4 there is also the option to have a different way to store your
settings, so not in the .kde dir, but in a database or an ldap server.  Its
made pluggable, but as far as I know there is no implementation for anything
but the config-dir yet...

> At least they won't break the whole thing then...

Luckily it won't break anyway, as explained in the other mails on this
thread. :)
--
Thomas Zander