List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice/kword/part
From:       Burkhard =?utf-8?q?L=C3=BCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2009-01-25 10:56:24

Am Samstag 24 Januar 2009 21:36:18 schrieb Thomas Zander:
> On Saturday 24. January 2009 14:32:49 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Saturday 24 January 2009, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > > This broke the string freeze :/

[snip]

> I reverted this change in KWord;

And you broke the string freeze again ;)

This a nice small example to show that it is imposible to undo a string freeze
break by reverting a commit with on exception, you have to revert before
scripty' next run.

Let me explain how the kde 18n tool chain aka scripty is working:
Scripty starts his run usually at 2:00 UTC and starts to extract the messages
from the code and merges all changes into the language message catalogs in
all four branches (see ftp://l10n.kde.org/logs).
The run is finished around noon, this depends on the amount of string changes.

After the commit 914846 on 21. January scripty has spread the new string into
64 kword.po's.
The 12 top translation teams have already translated this change, in another
24 kword.po's this translation is set to fuzzy.

The change back with Revision 916174 on Jan 24 has been extracted by scripty
100 minutes ago into the template kword.pot.
In a few hours this will be merged into the language kword.po's and kill the
translations from the 12 top teams.

In this case (only one small message) it does not matter.
But imagine you want to revert a freeze breaking commit concerning a lot of
translations one or two days before a release.

Then better ask on kde-i18n-doc what to do.

--
Burkhard Lück