List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: koffice
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-12-30 15:34:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 30. December 2008 12:12:18 Urs Wolfer wrote:
> SVN commit 903269 by uwolfer:
>
> optimizegraphics: Losslessly optimized PNG and SVGZ files with "optipng
> -o5" and "advdef -z -4". Reduced disk space: 5828KB (5MB)

I guess we should do some cleanup of our docs dir; at least the screenshots
are most likely quite outdated. I bet half these images will have to be
redone.

I would have appreciated very much if this was discussed before this commit
was made; 5% gain (of files going into a bzip2 on make time) is not much
and all our users with less-than-stellar connections will just not be able
to get this commit at all.
People from India have stated before that any commit > 2Mb just doesn't work
with svn update.  This is a 100mb commit!

Sadly nothing can be done now, the damage has been done, but please keep in
mind that big and/or disruptive commits should be at minimum discussed on
the relevant project list.
--
Thomas Zander