List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Export in KWord
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-10-30 13:47:36

Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 29. October 2008 19:35:15 James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Following up on this from the Bug Day.
>>
>> OpenOffice Writer has:
>>
>> File -> Export
>>
>> so, KWord should have it too.
>
> Love the conclusion :)

We have to be competitive. :-D

> I think that in KOffice we are leveraging ODF to such an extend that we should
> probably remove the 'export' menu option altogether.
> Which means we can save as any format and we can export to PDF. I doubt more
> is required.

Yes, that would be axiomatic.  If the only export format that we are
supporting is PDF then all we need is a menu function: "File -> Export
to PDF".  IIRC, OO.o Writer has that as well.  No need to have the:
"File -> Export" menu option until there is an actual use for it.  We
can always add it back if and when it is needed.

--
JRT