List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Export in KWord
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-10-29 18:35:15

Following up on this from the Bug Day.

OpenOffice Writer has:

File -> Export

so, KWord should have it too.

The problem with the current trunk is:

1.	The file name should appear without extension.

2.	The list of file types should not be the same as the list for
	"Save as" but rather a list of the file types for export with
	the default probably being PDF (as it is in OO.o).

If we currently don't support any file types for export, then the list
should be blank to avoid any confusion.

I suggest that you look at the list of available file types for export
in OO.o Writer which also included:

	BibTex
	LaTex
	MediaWiki
	XHTML

IIUC, export is for formats that can't be directly edited.

--
JRT