List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: First small contribution!
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-10-28 20:33:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi, and thank you for your contribution.

I looked at it and I think its a great first patch. :)

I have some suggestions on the patch itself;
* you used the documentation for QSpinner, which I pointed you to as I
recall.
Unfortunately I was mistaken about the component, it actually is a
KoUnitDoubleSpinBox [1]. This means the signal doesn't fully match.
I think we need something like
   connect( positionXSpinBox, SIGNAL( valueChangedPt(qreal) ),
   this, SLOT( positionHasChanged() ) );

* There is a good way to make it easier to communicate your contribution by
only sending the actual changes you made instead of the whole file.
What you can do is type
  svn diff > myPatch.diff
and attach the file myPatch.diff to the mail for us.

Would you be able to update your patch with these suggestions?
Thanks!

1)
http://www.koffice.org/developer/apidocs/libs/classKoUnitDoubleSpinBox.html

--