List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Creating a buzz for KO2
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-10-01 16:49:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wednesday 01 October 2008, Alexandra Leisse wrote:

> o Vimeo.com
> This is a video platform similar to YouTube.com. It provides the
> possibility to upload HD content though which adds a lot to the
> quality. ;) It is not yet as widely spread as YouTube, but I think the
> better quality makes up for that. Additional to that we could put up
> screencasts in different formats on the wiki/website for download to
> serve those who don't want to rely on flash installs.

Just as a side note on that topic.

About a week ago I did a screencast for Akonadi and uploaded the original OGG
Vorbis to blip.tv
The site will host the original format as well as automatically convert it to
Flash and offer both to its users, streaming and downloadable.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring