List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Idea, wider default toolbox
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-09-27 21:58:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 27. September 2008 23:45:27 Thomas Zander wrote:
> All in all, its probably a matter of taste. I don't know of actual
> problems with the current toolbox, it can certainly could use more love
> but the (user interface) design seems to be Ok, and consistent.

Sorry to reply to myself, but I think I should point out when I say I know
of no actual problems I take into account that general QDockWidget
enhancement should certainly still be considered for a future versions.
For example I was a bit disappointed that heightForWidth is not handled
property. This would make scaling the docker in width automatically make it
less tall to neatly fit the buttons.

But, again, dotting the i's there and making things nicer is very well
possible and I've seen enthusiasm for it inside Trolltech so external
patches would probably be accepted.

Bottom line here is that AFAIK we are building on top of the right
technology and things can only get better at all levels of the stack :)
--
Thomas Zander