List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KOffice 1.6.4
From:       Jaroslaw Staniek <js () iidea ! pl>
Date:       2008-09-22 19:09:11

Hi,
One thing is that I've got seen many requests to release updates for 1.6.3.
Linux packages are really outdated. Not everyone accepts typical answer like
"compile by hand from 1.6 branch".
At least for Kexi we have many important updates. Even more important: 1.6.x
would be the latest stable for more time in case of Kexi, compared to other apps.

Any serious problems with this? Are there any other KOffice apps that would
benefit from the release?

Of course I don't want and won't release a separate tarball because it would
be ignored by packagers (too much work to prepare new specs).
So I'd like at least just take the 1.6.3 tarball, apply neutral kexi patches
(proven to be OK after months of availability [1]) and we could provide the
result as an official maintenance release 1.6.4 (RC, and then final).

Cyrille?

I can help with usual tasks for such a small release (including announcement,
changelog).

[1] http://kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php@Kexi1.1.3_Patches.html

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek